“If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” – Martina Navratilova
In what is a cluttered market of lenders of every shape and size, we asked ourselves: how can we be different? Our answer was to “pick one thing and do it well”. In the direct private lending space, Nathanson Pearson acts as principal and for/with co-investors including high net worth individuals and family offices. When you deal with us, you are dealing directly with lenders. That way it’s faster and more efficient for all.
Over the past few years as banks have vacated the space and in a low interest rate environment, we have found direct private lending to be an attractive asset class for HNW individuals and families, with a good risk/reward profile.
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler” – (attributed to) Albert Einstein
Our approach is to keep things as simple as possible, no simpler. That means we stick to a limited number of loan use cases, and are able to assess and execute on them very quickly. Your time and our time are both very valuable, and we don’t want to waste either. The sooner we can each determine if there is a fit, the sooner we can either decide to work together, or look elsewhere. It’s that simple.
Our lending sweet spot is as follows:
- Location: Victoria
- Amounts of $2-20M
- Loan term – 6-18 months
- Direct to borrowers (no brokers thanks)
- Construction finance
- Bridging finance / refinancing
- Secured by 1st & 2nd mortgages, maximum 70% LVR
For our clients, we provide a comprehensive service from initial assessment and due diligence, legal documentation, through to settlement and loan repayment.
“We enjoy the process far more than the proceeds” – Warren Buffett
The Nathanson Pearson difference is all about the process. We’re done this enough to have developed an efficient process that ensures we meet our goals: don’t waste time on deals that go nowhere, and spend time as best we can on deals that do.
- You provide the basic information through our application form
- We revert, usually within one business day, and either say no, or put forward indicative rate and terms
- If we agree to terms, we issue a mandate which requires a non-refundable deposit towards costs
- We then collect more information from you, issue a letter of offer, and work quickly to get the legals and other docs in order
- Subject to prompt responses from you, we can settle in as little as a week or two
If you are interested in a loan, please don’t use the generic contact page or send an email or make a phone call. Do use the application form, provide the information we request, and we will respond very quickly with an indication whether or not we can do a deal.